PUSAWARAN JI KACHORI
Sprouted Whole Green Gram Fried Pattice
(by Mansi Mathrani)
For the filling
Pusawara – 2 cups
Ginger – ½” piece
Green chillies – 2 nos.
Coriander Cumin powder – ½ tsp.
Raw mango powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – to taste
For the Kachori cover
Refined flour – 2 cups
Oil – 7 -8 tblsp.
Water – 150 ml
Oil – for frying
1. Chop the ginger and the green chillies finely.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the filling thoroughly and divide them into 6 portions. Keep aside.
3. In a separate vessel, combine refined flour, oil and water to make a soft and sticky dough. Keep it aside for some time.
4. Divide the dough also into 6 equal portions. Flatten each portion with the palm of your hand and place the Pusawara filling in the centre. Seal the Kachoris properly by extending the dough. Round out the Kachori and flatten it gently.
5. Heat the oil for frying on a medium flame. When hot, deep fry the Kachoris on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour. Remove and drain off the excess oil.
Pusawaran ji Kachoris are served hot with Dharan ji Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.