(by Anumati Arya)
Boiled Rice (Choka) – 2 cups
Oil – 1 tblsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Green chilly – 1 no.
Peanuts – 2 tblsp.
Corn kernels – 2 tblsp.
Corainder leaves – 1 tblsp.
Tamarind chutney – ½ cup
1. In a pan, heat oil on a medium flame. When hot, add mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds start crackling, add chopped green chilly, 1 ½ tblsp. of peanuts and corn kernels. Mix well.
3. Add the boiled rice and tamarind chutney. Sprinkle some water.
4. Mix well till the rice and tamarind chutney are blended with the other ingredients.
5. Crush the balance ½ tblsp. of peanuts.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and crushed peanuts. Serve hot.
Ambri ja Vagharayla Choka can be served for lunch and is eaten piping hot.