Sweet Roll – Brijwasi style
(by Sunita Raipancholia)
For the base cover
Left over sweet (Peda, Pista Pak, Kaju Katri) – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Milk – ½ cup
Milk powder – 1 tblsp.
Rose essence – 2 -3 drops
Pistachio essence – 2 – 3 drops
Green colour (edible) – 2 drops
For the stuffing
Almonds – 4 nos.
Walnuts – 4 nos.
Pistachio – 4 nos.
Cashew nuts – 4 nos.
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp.
Gulkand (Sweet Rose preserve) – 1 tblsp.
1. In a mixer, grind the left over sweet/s, to a crumby texture. Keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat the sugar and milk on a medium flame while stirring constantly.
3. When the sugar gets dissolved and the mixture becomes thick in consistency, add the ground sweet mixture. Also add the essences, green colour and milk powder. Mix well.
4. Remove the mixture from the flame. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
5. Make small balls out of the mixture dough.
6. Place these balls in between a plastic sheet and roll. Remove the rolled ball and make it in a cone shape. Keep these cones aside.
7. Chop all the nuts for the stuffing coarsely. Add these to the gulkand and poppy seeds and mix well.
8. Fill the cones with the gulkand and nut mixture and refrigerate them. Serve chilled.
Brijwasi Mitha Paan can be served chilled as a dessert after any meal.