Sweet Indian Frozen Dessert
(by Gauri Khiara)
Milk – 1 litre
Leftover Mithai (Tikari/ Gulab Jamun/Peda) – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tblsp.
Saffron – ½ tsp.
Pistachio (unsalted) – 4 nos.
Almonds – 4 nos.
1. In a non-stick pan, heat the milk on a medium flame. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to a slow flame allowing it to simmer till it is thick in consistency. This should take around 15 minutes. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
2. Cut / chop all the mithai in small pieces. Place this in a blender. Add a little milk and saffron and blend till the mithai is thoroughly mixed and has become a thick paste.
3. Add the Mithai paste to the cool milk and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour this mithai in individual Kulfi moulds.
5. Freeze the Kulfi till it is set.
6. Remove from the freezer and un-mould the kulfi. Serve chilled.
Mithai Kulfi is served chilled as a dessert and is mostly eaten after dinner.