Beaten Rice and Potato Cutlet
(by Usha Whabi)
Pava Batata – 1 cup
Bread – 1 slice
Green cilli – 1 no.
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp.
Salt – to taste
Oil – for shallow frying
1. In a bowl, place the Pava Batata. Mash the pieces of potato in the Pava Batata.
2. Add lime juice, chopped chilli and salt to this mixture.
3. Soak the slice of bread in water. Remove and squeeze out the excess water. Add this to the Pava Batata and mix thoroughly to form a dough. (The bread acts as a binding agent)
4. Divide this into 4 portions.
5. With the hand, shape each portion into a disc of 2-3 inch diameter and 1 inch thickness.
6. Heat a pan; add 2 – 3 tblsp. of oil and shallow fry the cutlets on both the sides till they are golden brown in colour.
Pava Batata ja Cutlet make an excellent evening snack and is served hot with green coriander chutney.