Spiced Bhatia Chapati with Potato topping snack
(by Jyoti Bhagwandas)
Phulka – 2 nos.
Oil – for frying
Potatoes – 2 nos.
Salt – to taste
Cumin powder – ½ tsp.
Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp.
Raw Green mango – ½ no.
Green Coriander chutney – 2 tblsp.
Tamarind chutney – 1 tblsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tblsp.
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp.
Besan / Sev – 1 tblsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tblsp.
1. Deep fry the Phulka in oil on a medium flame till they are light brown in colour.
2. Remove from the pan and drain off the excess oil. They Phulkas will become crisp after frying. Break these into small pieces, a little larger than a coin. Set these on a
3. Boil and mash the potatoes. Add salt, cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
4. Top each Phulka piece with some mashed spiced potato and finely chopped raw mango.
5. Top it with green coriander chutney and tamarind chutney.
6. Sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and Besan/ Sev.
7. Serve immediately.
Phulka Sev Batata Puri makes an excellent evening snack and is served at room temperature.