Bhatia Chapati Sweet Balls
(by Namrata Daswani Jyoti Gajaria)
Phulko – 5-6 nos.
Ghee – 1 cup
Green cardamom pods – 2 -3 nos.
Solidified Milk (Mawa) – 50 gms.
Sugar – 1 tblsp.
Almonds – 4 nos.
Cashew nuts – 4 nos.
Raisins – 4 nos.
Silver leaves (edible) – 2 sheets – for garnish.
1. Cut the Phulkas in small pieces and keep aside.
2. In a Kadai, heat the ghee and add the green cardamom seeds. Stir well.
3. Add the Phulka pieces and keep stirring continuously for 4 – 5 minutes.
4. Add mawa and sugar and keep stirring this mixture on a low flame.
5. Add the cashew nuts and raisins and keep cooking till the sugar and mawa are blended well in the mixture.
6. Remove the mixture from the flame and allow it to cool.
7. Place this mixture in a mixer and run it till the mixture is evenly blended.
8. Form Ladoos by placing small portions of the mixture on the palm of your hand and rolling them to form small balls.
9. Garnish with chopped almonds and edible silver leaves.
Phulka Shahi Ladoo can be served as a sweet dish during lunch / dinner.