Tomato & Capsicum Rice
(by Shilpa Kapoor)
Left over Rice – 2 cups
Green capsicum – 1 no.
Tomatoes – 2 nos.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Curd – 2 tblsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – to taste
Cheese (optional) – 2 tblsp.
Oil – 3 tsp.
1. Slice the capsicum finely length wise.
2. In a deep non-stick pan, heat oil on a medium flame. When hot, add the cumin seeds and sauté for approximately 1 minute.
3. Add the sliced capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and allow it to cook for about 1 minute; add curd, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix thoroughly and cook till the tomatoes start emitting their juice.
5. Add the boiled rice and stir well till all the ingredients are blended well.
6. Top with grated cheese and cover the pan with a lid and allow the rice to cook on a low flame. Simmer for a few minutes or till the cheese melts. Serve hot.
Tamatay nay Shimla Mirch ja Choka can be eaten plain or with curd.