3 Lentil Curry / Whole green gram & Fenugreek Curry Fried Fritters
(by Charu Bhatia)
Tee dali Poath / Magha methi – 1 cup
Gram flour – 1 cup
Green chillies – 2 – 3 nos.
Ginger – ½ “ piece
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Mint leaves – ½ tsp.
Spinach – 1 tblsp.
Salt – to taste
Pomegranate seeds – ½ tsp.
Coriander powder – ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tblsp. (for the dough)
Oil – for frying
1. From the Tee dali Poath / Magha methi remove the Dried Mango, Cocum and Curry leaves.
2. In a bowl, add 1 tblsp. hot oil to gram flour and enough water to make a smooth batter of medium consistency. (Hot oil is added to the gram flour dough to make the Pakoras crisp). Add the Tee dali Poath / Maghamethi and mix well till it is thoroughly blended.
3. Add finely chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves & mint leaves, chopped spinach, salt, coriander powder and pomegranate seeds. Mix thoroughly.
4. In a kadai, heat the oil for frying on a medium flame. When hot, drop small balls of the batter (no particular shape) – one at a time to fill the kadai.
5. Fry the Pakoras on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour.
6. Remove the Pakoras with a perforated spoon and drain off the excess oil.
Tee dali Poath / Maghamethi Pakoras are served as a tea time savory. They are served hot with green coriander chutney.